Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blog Comparison

FOUR
The number of hours I have spent in Starbucks reading everyone’s 
HTM491 Leadership Blogs.


ZERO
The number of blogs that I strongly disagree with.

After reading through the first five blogs, I became determined to continue and find a blog post that had an opinion that strongly differed from my own.  Four hours later, I realized that there wasn’t one that I could strongly debate.  All of the blogs posted for the HTM491 assignments share a fairly similar view on leadership qualities as well as the overall opinion of the trait theory.  I didn’t find one blog that stated a person could not BECOME a leader through environment, education, or life experiences.  There was a common consensus that an individual could be BORN with certain traits that gave them a leg up on the competition however, did not discredit the idea that ANYONE could become a leader through other means than birth. 

The main difference I found between the blogs was how the information was relayed.  We have all been given the same prompts, yet all addressed the assignment with a different voice.  Some people used humor while others got very deep in their ideology and reasoning for their opinions and views.  I really enjoyed seeing all of the different templates and designs used on the different blogs. 


One blog that really caught my attention after reading through it was Erin Bartle’s Blog.  I felt as if I was reading through my own thoughts.  Erin mentioned her strong trait of compassion for people and her love for the movie “Freedom Writers.”  After reading her blog, it became apparent to me that we have a lot in common.  This movie is my absolute favorite movie and made me excited to continue reading her blog.  I was curious just how similar our views were.  

Erin stated, “Although there can be many traits associated with a good leader, the number one trait I admire is passion.  If you have the passion and have the drive to reach a particular goal I find it’s hard for someone to stop you.” I loved that she mentioned “passion” as an important trait. I am most inspired by people who are passionate.  I don’t care what you are passionate about, but if you have enough enthusiasm about something… I am going to want to join you. Passion is one of those traits that are contagious.  If you care strongly enough for something, it will radiate and make others want to be a part of it.  I believe passion is the strongest driving force in life.


1 comment:

  1. Haha...I am having soooooo much trouble finding someone I disagree with. I disagree with this assignment. :-)

    ReplyDelete